Darlene Christopher, World Bank Group, (her blog) shared the PREP model:
- Planning – become familiar/comfortable with the tool
- Rehearsal – important step, practice with the facilitation team, test with mock audience
- Post Mortem – solicit feedback from participants key, use system features
The World Bank Group employs the two person model, lead facilitator and a producer. Use an extra computer logged in as a participant. Can also serve as a backup. VIOP is not an option since they have locations all over the world.
Good tip: have a printout of participants with photos so you can relate to the learners.
- Use the system to have some fun with the participants
- Use webcam to establish a “social” presence. The turn it off to save screen real estate. They turn the web cam on during breaks so participants know when the session is restarting
- From the chat – scheduling a “play date” with new SME presenters with the tool
Wonderful use of WebEx chat function to gather tips from the participants.